Cristiana Cott Negoescu
Born: 24.07.1991 in Bucharest, Romania
Living and working in Düsseldorf, Germany
I am a multimedia artist, or better said, a conceptographer. My main point of focus is performance art, followed by video and photography.
I concentrate my attention on social-political-spiritual matters, giving them a context in live or recorded actions. Through these artistic actions, I give examples of pondering concerns that I have experienced directly, or through other people.
• I have graduated from The University of Lincoln, Lincolnshire UK, in 2013 with a Bachelor in Media Production: video, photography and animation.
• Studying at the Kunstakademie, Düsseldorf,
2017- 2018 Johannes Paul Raether
2018- present Dominique Gonzales-Foerster.
Residences and laboratories:
Expanded Bodies 2.0, Digital Laboratory as part of “Temps d’image” festival, Tanzhaus NRW, Düsseldorf, Germany.
Koleg für Kunst, Interdisciplinary Residency , Montepulciano, Italy.
Selection of the latest exhibitions and events:
• Remix early introspective, talk and exhibition, Onomato Kunstverein, Düsseldorf, Germany
• Migration Souvenir, performative installation, Stadtmuseum, Düsseldorf, Germany
• The True Truth, performative installation, Die Digitale, Weltkunstzimmer, Düsseldorf, Germany
• Home-made, performance and multimedia exhibition, GOLD+Beton Gallery, Cologne, Germany
• Spit it out! An Upskirting Representation, Multimedia performative installation and experimental video art, Plan.d Gallery, Düsseldorf, Germany
• 129 Ways to get a man, Performance and photography installation, Snerk Gallery, Tromsø, Norway.
• Composed Folly, video screening, live time-based presentation, HFBK, Hamburg.
• Fortuna Brevis, multimedia performative installation, Kunstakademie Düsseldorf.
• AUTOMATON, Performative installation, durative – Kunstakademie Düsseldorf, Germany
• While I get ready, the world is burning, durative performantive installation, Salon des Amateurs, Düsseldorf Germany.
• If you wash it, it’s like nothing has happened, performance, Ilka Theurich Studio, Hannover, Germany
• Rundgang II Emphatic Apparatus I, Kunstakademie, Düsseldorf, Germany.
• Düsseldorf PhotoWeekend, polaroid Exhibition, Fanzmann Gallery, Düsseldorf, Germany.
• Performance and Video installations, In Goldenen, Düsseldorf, Germany
• Growth // Video Performance within The Love School Festival, New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America.
• BLOCKED // Performance Concept by Terry Buchholz, durative performance at Produzentengalerie during Kunstpunkte festival, Düsseldorf, Germany
• Surrogate, performance and video installation, Kö Gallery, Düsseldorf, Germany
• A cup of tea, Performance at Gate-art-zone, Düsseldorf, Germany, event curated by performance artist Angelika Fojtuch, as an intercultural dialogue in between Germany and Poland.
• What’s the problem?// Everything is fine. Performance into open spaces, Dusseldorf, Germany
• Underrated Understanding Performance, The Univeristy of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
• Nonsense Observations #3 – All that we perceive, Flipside Art Space, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
• Age doesn’t matter, Bargehouse, London, UK
Photography exhibition, done as a documentary series about old people and their means of having fun.
• Labyrinth Installation, Bucharest Fashion Film Festival, Bucharest, Romania
• Connecting the dots, Free Press House, Bucharest, Romania
• The Embassy’s Festival, National Romanian Library, Bucharest, Romania
• Staged Naturally, Impossible Project Gallery, Barcelona, Spain.!Polaroid Photography experiments exhibition.
• Nonsense Observations #2, Pygmalion Theatre, Vienna, Austria
Selection of publications :
• A cup of Tea | Editorial | Wotisart? Magazine | UK • Maximilianus | Editorial | Germany
• Being old in Romania can be a lot of fun | Editorial | Vice magazine | Europe | USA | Asia
• Work Publication | AA Magazine | UK
• Top of the Romanian Women Photographers | F64 | Romania • Child of Yggdrasil| Paper chase magazine | UK
• On the side of the road | Jute magazine | USA
• Polaroid apparition | Polaroid of the Day | Spain
• Poem selections | Berlin Artparasites | Germany
• Interview and performance apparition | Visible Spectrums | UK