Cristiana Cott Negoescu
Born: 24.07.1991 in Bucharest, Romania
Living and working in Düsseldorf, Germany
I am a multimedia artist, or better said, a conceptographer. My main point of focus is performance art, followed by video and photography.
I concentrate my attention on social-political-spiritual matters, giving them a context in live or recorded actions. Through these artistic actions, I give examples of pondering concerns that I have experienced directly, or through other people.
Kunstakademie Düsseldorf, Germany
• 2018 – 2022 Meisterschülerin in the class of Dominique Gonzalez-Foerster.
• 2017 – 2018 Johannes Paul Raether
The University of Lincoln, UK.
• 2013 Bachelor in Media Production for Photography, Film and Video.
Research scholarship, Fonds Darstellenden Künste, NEUSTARTKULTUR, NRW, Germany
Take heart Scholarship, Fonds Darstelende Künste, within Neustart Kultur project BKM.
Residences and laboratories:
Borderland Residencies, Kulturraum Niederrhein, hosted by Museum Goch, Germany
PALACE Utopia Artist Residency, Düsseldorf, Germany
Art and Computation Laboratory, Berlin, Germany
Das Art and Computation Laboratory ist eine Zusammenarbeit zwischen der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Informatik, dem Goethe-Institut und dem Weizenbaum-Institut.
Goethe Institute Artificial Intelligence Residency, Generation A=Algorithm, Genoa, Italy.
Raketten Station Insel Hombroich Residency, Neuss, Germany
Art hotel Ufer residency, Parallel entry-points, Düsseldorf Germany
Expanded Bodies 2.0, Digital Laboratory as part of “Temps d’image” festival, Tanzhaus NRW, Düsseldorf, Germany.
Koleg für Kunst, Interdisciplinary Residency , Montepulciano, Italy.
Selection of the latest exhibitions and events:
• Collective Subconscious, Automated installation using chat gpt-3, Open Ai, MUR BRUT 27, Kunsthalle Düsseldorf
• Domestic Sector, daindiefront, performative Installation, Düsseldorf
• Disgusted, but still very Hungry, D-C Open Festival, Nails Project Raum, Düsseldorf
• Rank and File, Graduation project Kunstakademie Düsseldorf
• Informal Sector, performative installation, Kunstakademie Düsseldorf
• Space Restraint, Video and Performance, Quartier Am Hafen,invited by Wilko Austermann (curator), Cologne
• Homa Aparato, performative Installation and social experiment, in collaboration with Instituto Italiano di Technologia, made possible by Goethe-Institut Italy, at Palazzo Ducale, Genova, Italy.
• Batch 11, performative Installation, for D-C Open Festival, Live Lab Studios, Düsseldorf
• Surplus, Performance, for Journey through a body, Kunsthalle, Düsseldorf
• Home-made, Performance and Multimedia Exhibition, GOLD+Beton Gallery, Cologne, Germany
• 129 Ways to get a Man, Performance and Photography-Installation, Snerk Gallery, Tromsø, Norway.
• Fortuna Brevis, performative Installation, Kunstakademie Düsseldorf
• Remix Early Introspective, multimedia Exhibition with artist talk at Onomato Kunstlerverein, Düsseldorf
• Critical Infrastructures, Photography 250 Jahre Jubiläum, Kunstakademie Düsseldorf, Akademie Galerie, Düsseldorf
• Exit through Limbo, performative installation, for Empty Spaces III, Ulmer Höhe, curated by Mara Sporn, Düsseldorf
• Catalogue Magazine Launch, Banner Photography, art in public space, organised by the SERPENTINE gallery, Cork Street, London, UK
• Spring Performer, group Exhibition, Kunstverein Marburg, Marburg
• Human Principle, performative installation, Art must be beautiful, WELTKUNSTZIMMER, Düsseldorf
• Causal Nexus, installation and photography for PARADISIAC, at Austellungsraum 16, curated by Markus Kersting, Cologne, Germany
• What is the industry doing with us? performative workshop, HBK, Braunschweig, Germany
• habitat, drone installation, Mapping Festival, Geneva, Switzerland
• Half body half human, performance for the Elbow room happening, Kunstverein für die Rheinlande und Westfalen, Düsseldorf
• “Top floor idol”, performative, immersive installation for “Empty Spaces I – Unpin the butterfly” curated by Mara Sporn, Graf-Recke str.82, Düsseldorf
• 195 cubic centimeters, performative installation for “Empty Spaces I – What are we living for?” curated by Mara Sporn, Kaiserswerth, Düsseldorf
• Arms and Legs, 20 Artomat-Series, objects, Mönchengladbach, Germany
• Wo ist das Problem? Alles ist gut!, Film, Aether Festival, Den Haag, The Netherlands
• The movement of Transformation III – Video installation, Goethe Bunker, Essen, Germany
• Migration Souvenir, performative installation, Stadtmuseum, Düsseldorf
• The True Truth, performative installation, Die Digitale, Weltkunstzimmer, Düsseldorf
• Spuck es Aus! An Upskirting Representation, multimediale performative installation and experimental Video Art, Plan.d Gallery, Düsseldorf
• AUTOMATON, Performative installation, durative – Kunstakademie Düsseldorf, Germany
• While I get ready, the world is burning, durative performantive installation, Salon des Amateurs, Düsseldorf Germany.
• If you wash it, it’s like nothing has happened, performance, Ilka Theurich Studio, Hannover, Germany
• Rundgang II Emphatic Apparatus I, Kunstakademie, Düsseldorf, Germany.
• Düsseldorf PhotoWeekend, polaroid Exhibition, Fanzmann Gallery, Düsseldorf, Germany.
• Performance and Video installations, In Goldenen, Düsseldorf, Germany
• Growth // Video Performance within The Love School Festival, New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America.
• BLOCKED // Performance Concept by Terry Buchholz, durative performance at Produzentengalerie during Kunstpunkte festival, Düsseldorf, Germany
• Surrogate, performance and video installation, Kö Gallery, Düsseldorf, Germany
• A cup of tea, Performance at Gate-art-zone, Düsseldorf, Germany, event curated by performance artist Angelika Fojtuch, as an intercultural dialogue in between Germany and Poland.
• What’s the problem?// Everything is fine. Performance into open spaces, Dusseldorf, Germany
• Underrated Understanding Performance, The Univeristy of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
• Nonsense Observations #3 – All that we perceive, Flipside Art Space, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
• Age doesn’t matter, Bargehouse, London, UK
Photography exhibition, done as a documentary series about old people and their means of having fun.
• Labyrinth Installation, Bucharest Fashion Film Festival, Bucharest, Romania
• Connecting the dots, Free Press House, Bucharest, Romania
• The Embassy’s Festival, National Romanian Library, Bucharest, Romania
• Staged Naturally, Impossible Project Gallery, Barcelona, Spain.!Polaroid Photography experiments exhibition.
• Nonsense Observations #2, Pygmalion Theatre, Vienna, Austria
Selection of publications :
• A cup of Tea | Editorial | Wotisart? Magazine | UK • Maximilianus | Editorial | Germany
• Being old in Romania can be a lot of fun | Editorial | Vice magazine | Europe | USA | Asia
• Work Publication | AA Magazine | UK
• Top of the Romanian Women Photographers | F64 | Romania • Child of Yggdrasil| Paper chase magazine | UK
• On the side of the road | Jute magazine | USA
• Polaroid apparition | Polaroid of the Day | Spain
• Poem selections | Berlin Artparasites | Germany
• Interview and performance apparition | Visible Spectrums | UK