Cristiana Cott Negoescu
Born: 24.07.1991 in Bucharest, Romania
I am a multimedia artist, or better said, a conceptographer. My main point of focus is performance art, followed by video and photography.
I concentrate my attention on social-political-spiritual matters, giving them a context in live or recorded actions. Through these artistic actions, I give examples of pondering concerns that I have experienced directly, or through other people.
I have graduated from The University of Lincoln, Lincolnshire UK, in 2013 with a Bachelor in Media Production: video, photography and animation.
I am now a student at the Kunstakademie Düsseldorf Germany, in my second year, studying performance art, videography, installations and text as a full student in Johannes Paul Raether’s class and also as a guest student in John Morgen’s class.
Selection of the latest exhibitions and events:
- Koleg für Kunst, Interdisciplinary Art Laboratory, Montepulciano, Italy
- Extended Bodies, VR and motion capture project, multimedia performance, Tanzhaus NRW, Düsseldorf, Germany
- My name is mud, Interactive performative installation, multimedia objects, Produzenten Gallery, Düsseldorf, Germany
- While I get ready, the world is burning, Salon des Amateurs, Düsseldorf, Germany.
- Performing for Isabella Fürnkäs, Osthaus Museum, Hagen, Germany
- AUTOMATON, durative performative installation, Kunstakademie, Düsseldorf, Germany
- Performing for Isabella Fürnkäs, Boomerang effect, Kölnischer Kunstverein, Cologne, Germany
- If you wash it, it’s like nothing has happened , Performance, Ilka Teurich studio : atelier // Hannover, Germany.
- Dimensions of Dialogue video and durative performance, Franzmann Gallery, Düsseldorf, Germanny.
- Rundgang II Emphatic Apparatus I, Kunstakademie Düsseldorf. Germany.
- Performance and Video installations // In Goldenen, Ackerstrasse, Düsseldorf, Germany
- Growth // Video Performance within The Love School Festival, New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America.
- Solo at 121, Emphatic Apparatus // Immersive performance, residency programme at the Kunstakademie Düsseldorf, Germany.
- BLOCKED // Performance Concept by Terry Buchholz, durative performance at Produzentengalerie, Plan.d, during Kunstpunkte festival, Düsseldorf, Germany
- Surrogate, performance and video installation, Kö Gallery, at Koe meets art, Düsseldorf, Germany
- A cup of tea, Performance at Gate-art-zone, Düsseldorf, Germany, event curated by performance artist Angelika Fojtuch, as an intercultural dialogue in between Germany and Poland.
- Performance during Performance Tag, Simultan Halle, Cologne, Germany, a group performance based on a text writen by Caner Tekker and Nikolas Brumer. The performers are here live messengers who deliver a text in an interpretable manner.
- What’s the problem?// Everything is fine. Performance into open spaces, Dusseldorf, Germany. This performance was part of a bigger student protest against the decisions that were taken by the director of the Kunstakademie to close the academy after 20:00h, on weekends and holidays, and also against the non-transparency of the administration system. The performance started in front on the academy, on a Sunday, when the academy was closed, by a group of students, myself included, by building a human wall and another group trying to get through the wall. This was a durative performance, and the participants were switching roles as they went along.
- Underrated Understanding Performance, The Univeristy of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- This performance was held in a tent that was installed inside the University of Amsterdam.
- Corpus monologue Performance Kö Gallery, Koe meets art, Dusseldorf Germany.
- An interactive performance in which I was in the middle on a plastic foil, held erect by the participant public.
- Nonsense Observations #3 – All that we perceive, Flipside Art Space, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
- This performance is part of a series of events called Nonsense Observations, in which I portray my fears in order to get them out of my brain so I can observe them from an objective point of view afterwards in order to hopefully understand their absurdity.
Nonsense Observations #2, Pygmalion Theatre , Vienna, Austria
Also as part of the series of the Nonsense Observations, this performance I did with a performance partner. This performance portrays the stages of sleep and how one and live and perform their own dreams and what entities might arise from their dreamtime.
- The Surreal Moment, Vama Veche under the Oscar lights Festival, Vama Veche, Romania
- Performance done for the photography festival “Vama sub lumini de Oscar” as part of the practical workshop for the participant photographers.
- Nonsense Observations #1, Gallery IX, Bucharest, Romania.
- This performance, also done with a performance partner, inspired by the “Porcupine dilemma” a metaphor for how social and intimate relationships can at the same time enrich us yet also harm us.
- Age doesn’t matter, Bargehouse, London, UK
- Photography exhibition, done as a documentary series about old people and their means of having fun.
- The impossible gallery in action, FORM Gallery, Bucharest, Romania Multimedia event, video, video installations and objects in a labyrinth-like garden and building.
- Dimension opening event, POINT, Bucharest, Romania Multimedia event, consisting of installations water installations, light boxes and video.
- Rain Installation, Contemporary Art Festival, ARTYourself, Bucharest, Romania Suspended installation manifesting water
- Labyrinth Installation, Bucharest Fashion Film Festival, Bucharest, Romania
- Textile installation throughout the room, composing a labyrinth. Each exit of the labyrinth had a screen playing a loop of videos
- Connecting the dots, Free Press House, Bucharest, Romania The Embassy’s Festival, National Romanian Library, Bucharest, Romania
- Polaroid photography, and experiments of printed photography on manual paper.
- Staged Naturally, Impossible Project Gallery, Barcelona, Spain. Polaroid Photography experiments exhibition.
Publications and collaborations:
- Collaborator for Talking Circles – Performance and Performance art in Southeast Asia, Singapore
- Inside the womb, Editorial, Vice magazine, USA
- Work Publication , Average Art Magazine, UK
- Top of the Romanian Women Photographers , F64, Romania
- Being old in Romania can be a lot of fun, Editorial, Vice magazine, World-Wide.
- Child of Yggdrasil, Paper chase magazine, UK
- On the side of the road , Jute magazine, USA
- Feature, Culturates, Romania
- Interview about what art is, Artivist, Romania
- Polaroid apparition, Polaroid of the Day, Spain
- Poem selections, Berlin Artparasites, Germany
Links to recent past Performance events:
- Nonsense Observations #2 – Pygmalion Theatre, Vienna.
- Complete documentation: https://vimeo.com/147451137
- Trailer: https://vimeo.com/147725991
- A cup of tea – Düsseldorf Germany
- Edited documentation: https://vimeo.com/235339675
- Alternative realities – Vama Veche, Romania
- Edited documentation: https://vimeo.com/137832695
- Womanly understanding – video performance
- Complete movie: https://vimeo.com/160226025